image: Wikimedia commons (link).
Welcome to all new visitors who are here because they heard this evening's show on Truth Warrior, and to returning friends! If you were able to listen live I hope you enjoyed the conversation, and for those who wish to listen to the archived show or download it to a mobile device or disc for listening on the move, the links below will help you to do that.
Special thanks to host David Whitehead, who expertly steered the discussion to some very interesting and important areas of investigation.
To listen to the program, you can wait a bit for it to show up on YouTube (I will link to that when it is ready), or you can listen to the archived show below
You can also right-click (or control-click) on the show's title in yellow letters in the embedded player above and select "download linked file . . ."
In tonight's interview, we touched on these topics (among others) -- feel free to follow the links below to explore some of those subjects further!
- Herman Melville's Moby Dick and the power and purpose of metaphor.
- The concept of "a finger, pointing a way to the moon" (don't concentrate on the finger!)
- The teaching that we have both a spiritual and material element, and that a big part of our mission in this incarnate material existence is to remember our spiritual component and "raise it back up" because it has been "cast down," so to speak.
- The "ideology of materialism" that denies any possibility of realms beyond the physical, and why there is strong evidence that strict materialism may in fact be mistaken.
- How an attack or "War on Consciousness" is often linked to tyranny (a point David Whitehead insightfully articulated beginning at about 37:00 into the conversation).
- How the sacred stories of humanity, the world over, are built upon a common system of celestial metaphors: this page contains an index to blog posts discussing various myths and sacred traditions and their celestial analogs.
- The specific story of Adam and Eve and the Serpent, which was discussed in the show.
- The "solar system in your dining room" metaphor which can help to visualize the celestial mechanics underlying the stories.
- The importance of the solstices and the equinoxes.
- The blog post discussing the evidence that "hell" is a metaphorical depiction of a certain part of the year, and that "paradise" or the "Promised Land" is also a metaphorical depiction of the opposite part of the year.
- The concept of the "zodiac in our body," the connection of our vital organs to the sun, moon and planets, and the broad concept of microcosm and macrocosm. Note: At about 1:28:00 or 1:29:00 I was speaking too hastily and said that the sign of Cancer is associated with the heart, when I should have said that Leo is associated with the heart (sorry about that).
- The excellent teaching videos of Santos Bonacci.
- The crossing of the Red Sea on the zodiac wheel and in our bodies as well.
- Evidence that the metaphorical understanding of the ancient scriptures was deliberately suppressed at a specific point in time, during the first four centuries AD in the Roman Empire.
- Evidence that these celestial metaphors from all parts of the world can be described as shamanic in nature and outlook.
- The shamanic aspects of Odin's sacrifice on the World-Tree.
- How the suppression of this ancient shamanic and celestial inheritance can leave humanity vulnerable to a kind of "sucker punch" involving both deception and violence.
- The transcendental aspects of this teaching: that each individual actually has the power to transcend false realities, break through barriers, and create new realities (see for instance the teaching of Jon Rappoport, and also here).
Also, here is a link to check out my July conversation with David Whitehead (a video interview).
Hope everyone enjoyed tonight's interview and hope you will come visit again soon!
image: Wikimedia commons (link).