Saturday, July 6, 2019

Recovering Self through ancient Myth



I've just published a new video entitled "Recovering Self through ancient Myth."

In it, I discuss some of the lessons I've found in the myths about reconnecting with our authentic self, our true self -- which the myths sometimes call the higher self or the divine self.

I am convinced that one of the central messages that the myths are designed to convey to us has to do with recovering our authentic self. And, as discussed in this previous post, I agree with Dr. Gabor Mate that alienation from our true self is at the root of so many of the problems we face in this life, and in wider society at large.

I hope that this video will be helpful to you in your own search and your own journey. As always, I strongly suggest that you go to the myths themselves, rather than listening to someone else's advice or opinion or interpretation -- including my own.

Please feel free to share with anyone who might find this information valuable. Special thanks to Linda in Texas for writing to me on this subject, even as I had already started making this video and had already recorded the introductory remarks citing the shocking statistics regarding the prevalence of serious anxiety and depression in the united states, which are no doubt repeated in many other countries as well.