Tuesday, November 26, 2019

New video: "Agamemnon, Chryses, and the Wrath of Apollo"




Here's a new video I just created entitled "Agamemnon, Chryses, and the Wrath of Apollo."

The video expands on the celestial connections noted in the previous post, "Agamemnon and the wrath of Apollo -- and what it means to us today."

While searching for ancient artwork to illustrate that recent post, I found this image showing detail of the artwork on a vase thought to date to around 360 BC, depicting the scene from Book One of the Iliad in which Chryses, father of Chryseis, approaches Agamemnon to beg for the release of his daughter:































image: Wikimedia commons (link).

I do not recall ever having seen this ancient depiction previously -- but if so, I had not previously been aware of the astonishing celestial parallels incorporated by the artist into this scene, which fairly leapt out at me when I encountered it (perhaps for the first time) just two days ago.

This particular piece of artwork, attributed to the "Athens 1714 Painter," contains some of the most undeniable and abundant celestial connections of any ancient artwork I've examined, and I realized that this ancient piece of art deserved a detailed video all its own.

The result is the latest video, which I hope you will find to be of value in your own understanding of the celestial correspondences in ancient myth and ancient artwork -- and the application of their ancient wisdom to your own life.

Please feel free to share with those who would also find this information to be beneficial.