Sunday, May 2, 2021

Ophiuchus Lights?

Here's a new video I've just published entitled "Ophiuchus Lights sighted over Utah?" in which I describe and attempt to diagram some of the unusual lights observed during the "Contact at the Canyons" event at Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon National Parks during April 2021.

In the video, I explain that during my many years of observing the night sky, I have on occasion seen things which I cannot explain, such as the "purple flash" which I described in a video from May of 2020 entitled "Vasishtha and Arundhati (and a purple flash)" and in an accompanying blog post here.

However, although I wasn't expecting it in any way, all of us in the group at this year's Contact at the Canyons experience witnessed some things in the sky which are very different than anything I've ever previously encountered or seen. The above video attempts to document some of that.

During the event itself, the podcasting teams of Grimerica and the Brothers of the Serpent also recorded an "open mike" podcast in which guests at Contact at the Canyons could talk to Graham of Grimerica (who was stuck in Canada) and send him good vibes -- and many of them described in their own words some of the things we saw in the sky which are unusual and at this point unexplained.

You can download or listen to that episode, Grimerica #489, from the webpage here.

The video above also describes how the leaders of the Contact at the Canyons event, including myself, serendipitously met up with Marty Garza in Las Vegas prior to the start of weekend. Marty is a thorough researcher of the many facets of the UFO phenomenon and has appeared in a four-part series on Brothers of the Serpent to discuss his research and his analysis.

You can give those episodes a listen using the links below:

There were some very intriguing aspects to the phenomena we observed on two separate occasions during this year's Utah trip. I hope you will enjoy the video -- and I hope you will have the opportunity to observe the night sky from some of our nation's spectacular National Parks at some point in the future, if at all possible.