Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Ten year anniversary of the Mathisen Corollary blog!

image: Wikimedia Commons (link).

Ten years ago, I published my first post on this blog, on April 12, 2011.

In the ensuing years, the earth has either circled around the sun ten times, or perhaps -- as argued by Simon Shack and his Tychos model -- the sun has gone around the earth ten times while conducting a dance with its binary companion, with our planet circling in the barycenter between the binary pair.

Over the same period, the two mighty planets Jupiter and Saturn have aligned in a Great Conjunction, which only takes place once every twenty years (actually, just over twenty years).

And in that time I have written and published over 1,320 blog posts, all of them fully searchable using the search window function either on the blog's original home (here) or on the blog's newer home at the Star Myth World website (here). 

Above: Earth, Moon, Sun and planets on 12 April 2021, per the Tychosium model.

Perhaps most significantly (to me), during that ten year period in which these celestial cycles have made their revolutions, my entire worldview has shifted radically.

I initially started this blog soon after publishing my first book, The Mathisen Corollary, which I began researching in 2009 and which explores connections between the myths and the stars, as well as evidence for a world-wide catastrophe which left a record in our planet's geology. At the time of publishing that book in 2011, I was still taking the Bible literally, and while I was intrigued by evidence that the world's other myths appeared to have a connection to the stars and heavenly cycles, I was not willing to accept the possibility that the stories and characters found in the Bible might be build upon the very same foundations of celestial metaphor.

However, between the publication of that first book in 2011 and the subsequent publication of The Undying Stars (2014), I had to personally wrestle with the overwhelming evidence I was finding which indicates that the characters and events described in the Biblical texts employ the very same system of metaphor which underlies the ancient myths and sacred stories of virtually every other culture on our planet -- a discovery which should unite us and cause us to reject the twisting of various religious traditions into tools to divide men and women from one another.

The Undying Stars was my first book which attempts to present the evidence that the stories in the Bible, in common with myths from other cultures around the world, are built upon the same system of celestial metaphor -- and to explore some of the implications of that conclusion, as well as some of the ways that this knowledge might have been lost and forgotten.

Since then, I have published a series entitled Star Myths of the World, and how to interpret them (presently at four volumes: The Ancient World-Wide System, Greek Mythology, Star Myths of the Bible, and Norse Mythology), as well as the books Astrotheology for Life and Myth and Trauma. You can learn more about each of those by visiting the "Books" section of my website, where you will also find some sample content available from each volume. 

Those books together total over 5,000 pages of evidence and analysis so far, and include many hundreds of diagrams and star charts which together should establish beyond any reasonable doubt that the world's ancient myths -- from virtually every culture on every inhabited continent and island of our planet -- share a common foundation of celestial metaphor, a fact which thus far has been ignored or overlooked by most conventional scholars, historians, and the controlled media outlets.

Additionally, during the ten year period since releasing my first book and starting this blog, I have published several dozen videos and appeared on dozens of podcasts and independent media outlets: you can find many of these videos and podcasts archived on my website as well, as well as on my YouTube channel.

My understanding and appreciation of this ancient system of metaphor has of course grown and developed over time, and continues to develop as I study and analyze the evidence with the benefit of the comprehension I have gained thus far. Additionally, my entire outlook on politics, economics, and world history has been radically altered by what I have encountered on this journey to date. 

I am grateful to everyone who has joined me on this voyage of discovery through the stars so far, and looking forward to many new insights which I will share in upcoming books and videos and blog posts. Many of the interactions I have had with those reading this blog have been extremely helpful in pointing me towards new questions to consider or new evidence to explore.

I would encourage new visitors to make use of the blog and its internal "search" function, which enables you to find posts which mention any word or name you want to type in -- and I would also recommend going back in time and taking a look at some of those old posts from 2011 and other previous years, even though my positions may have evolved somewhat since then.

I have lots more to share and research with you -- this has been a truly life-changing experience for me and I hope that my work and writing will be positive to you in your life in some way as well! Looking forward to your joining me for the next discoveries during subsequent revolutions of the great spheres and our beautiful planet Earth.